Monday, March 25, 2013

Get Away From Me!!

So, I'm starting to notice that we have been together a little too much. Has this happened to anyone else? We love each other dearly. And the two boys have always had very little in the way of sibling squabbles. But lately? It seems as if all of us are clamoring for a chance to get away from every one else. Including me.

I had never really thought about this before homeschooling. But now I'm trying to figure out ways to give every family member some space. The boys even sleep together. I think this 24/7 thing is just a bit too much. They are fighting more and just in general we are starting to get on each other's nerves.

I take breaks away from them during the day. Usually just for a couple of minutes. I think I may start trying that with them. I'm not quite sure how I would work that. But I'm thinking on it.

My husband, The Mad Scientist, and I are trying to separate them a little on the weekends, too. But that is hard, because we really value that time as family time.

They want to play/ learn together. They don't want to be away from each other. But sometimes they just can't stand each other any longer.

I'll let you know if I come up with any brilliant ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe just a short time during your day that is for "independent time". Make it an actual time in the schedule. Then just separate everyone to do their own thing.

    ReplyDelete