Friday, February 8, 2013

Schoolcation!

AHH! I'm so stinkin' excited!!!  We are going to go on a Schoolcation! I really love to plan things, so this is very far in advance, but Spring 2014 we are going on a Schoolcation!!  (You like that word? I made it up and keep telling my husband how clever I am. He just mocks me.)

When I was a little girl, I got to go on this amazing trip to Florida. It was the summer after my biological mother had died. My Granny (we were best friends!) took my siblings and I on a 9 day trip across Florida. We went to Disney World, Epcot, Sea World, this live mermaid show... all manner of amazing sites and fun experiences!

On the way home, she surprised me and we stopped at the Okefenokee Swamp!!  I had had a life long obsession with the Okefenokee!!  And do you know, that is really the only specific memories I have of that whole trip? I got to ride in a tiny boat with an outboard motor (that was distinctly saying "I think I can. I think I can.") and alligators would come right up to it! I mean serious stuff! You couldn't even put your hand over the side because of the risk of it becoming gator food! So, this will be the highlight of our trip-- a tour of the Okefenokee Swamp!! 

We have some other fun things in mind, too! And I think Super J is just as excited as I am!

2 comments:

  1. I remember faint memories of the Okefenokee swamp and have been begging Greg to let us go down for a visit. Maybe one day I'll get my "wish" and take my boys to see the place as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to share it with my kids, Jill! I hope y'all get to take a schoolcation there, too!

      Delete