Thursday, February 21, 2013

Like a well oiled machine...

I have decided that for me to be the best wife, mom, teacher, etc, etc, etc (just how many titles could a mom give herself?  hmmm.) my house should run like a well oiled machine.

Fantastic solution! The problem? I have NO IDEA how I'm going to get it there! Too be honest, with three kids and homeschool and dinner and activities and all that goes along with this stuff-- I feel like I can barely keep my head above water, much less get ahead!

But I am trying! I know one day (one day probably far, far away. But one day nonetheless.) I will get it there. I can see it all in my head. And every single day I try to get a little bit closer. Of course, something always sets me behind. But I'm inching my way there. And that feels better than slipping farther and farther out to sea, away from the shore.

One thing we implemented at the New Year was meal planning. That has helped tremendously. My friend, Beth, was a great inspiration. (And with all she has on HER plate, I feel totally guilty whining that I can't get things done.) You know, even taking the pressure away of trying to decide what is for dinner helps SO much! Man, I think that was the worst part of my day!

We get a lot done. And we get a lot of things done that I feel are important. But, oh, how I would love to have a perfectly organized home/ school life!

One day. I'll get to the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment