Thursday, April 11, 2013

On a more positive note...

Do you practice positive thinking? Do you implement into your schooling?

I'm a huge believer in positive thinking. I read a book about it when I was in my early 20s and immediately started using it.

And it changed my life.

I was not in a good place back then. And I had a lot (A LOT) of damage to undo.

But I started changing my life simply by changing my mind. I started slowly changing the way I thought about things. It was really difficult at first. And nearly two decades later, it can still be tough. It is really easy to fall into mental traps.

For instance, it is hard to think in your head you have extra money coming in when you are worried about how you are going to pay rent. Or it is hard to think about how relaxed you are when you are super stressed.

But the more you practice, the more you see the rewards and the easier it is to have the faith to see that it works.

I was in a bad relationship when I started. And then I brought my husband into my life.

I was very, very sick with lupus when I started. I took 27 pills a day and was barely able to function on many days.  I haven't taken anything in years for lupus and have very few bad days.

The good news? You don't even have to really believe what you are telling yourself. Just keep saying it. Over and over. a mantra.

Some of my current mantras (some of these are constants and some are just reflecting issues that are going on right now):

We have a great marriage.
I am a peaceful parent.
We are happy.
I am a great mom.
We are healthy.
I am neat and organized.
I am a money magnet.
I am calm and relaxed. (Kind of goes with the peaceful parent one.)


These are the types of things I say to myself. A great time to say them is when you are falling asleep or when you are waking, in that twilight stage. I say them all the time, but I try to make it a point to say them during these times in particular.

"I AM" are the two most powerful words in the universe. What ever you say after those two words creates your reality.  What you speak about or think about is what you bring about.

The other good news? It is never too late to start creating your new reality! You can write your own happy ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment